All Collections
Missing National Insurance Number
Missing National Insurance Number

How to process new starters without a National Insurance Number

Matt Taylor avatar
Written by Matt Taylor
Updated over a week ago

What do you do if you or your employee is missing a national insurance number?

Not to worry! πŸ˜ƒ

As long as you have the right to work in the UK then your employee can commence employment without a NINO and the employer can put you on their payroll.

HMRC do not issue temporary national insurance numbers, but the employer can complete a starter checklist to get them up and running without a NINO.

If an employee does not have a p45 or NI number, they can fill out the form below with HMRC:

Did this answer your question?